Friday, July 5, 2013

What Am I Gonna Do About It?

What am I gonna do about it?  Well, first-- what haven't I done about it, what haven't I tried to do about it, what haven't I thought about doing?

Really there isn't anything I haven't tried.  Except what I am about to embark on in 10 days.

I've tried every "diet" under the sun, I've tried every exercise routine, fasting, eating only nuts and berries, the grapefruit diet, the master cleanse, low-fat, high-fat, low-carb, high-carb, NO-carb, weight watchers, oh my word I could go on and on!

I have been unable to lose and maintain the loss.  I have lost HUNDREDS of pounds over, and over, and over again.  I have yet to LEARN how to maintain the loss.

The only thing I haven't done is bariatric surgery. 

That's not for me.
I could never do that.
I'm sure I can figure out some other way.
That can't be healthy.
That's disturbing.
That is too drastic.
I can do this on my own.
That would be the easy way out.

That's what I have told myself in the past.

Now, I have a different view, a different mind-set.

That just might be the tool I need.
I could do that.
I have tried every other way.
That might be the only way I CAN be healthy.
Is it disturbing to get a cast if your leg won't heal itself?
That is drastic, but not unheard of.
I need help.
Nothing about this is easy.

This is what I am gonna do about it.
---------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some sunshine...or a rant!