Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Journey to Date | Part 3

Okay, lets take a look at the minutia of this journey... you know, the facts.

I started thinking about WLS in late 2011, my weight had been getting out of hand, but I didn't feel like I was in a place to get WLS.  I would try ONE. MORE. TIME. to lose and keep off the weight.

I lost about 40 pounds....and gained about 60.  That was it.  I couldn't keep doing this.

My husband came home one day and said:   Did you listen to Howard Stern today?
Me:  No, why? (an aside...I love Howard, but that's for another day)
Him:  Oh, well Lisa Lampanelli ( love her or hate her, I LOVE her too) was on, and she had some sort of WLS, I think she said she lost like 80 pounds, it's crazy.
Me:  Whaaaaaa?  I need to see the pictures!

After Googling L.L.  I found some images and an article about her, and the procedure she had.  Lisa had the Vertical Sleeve surgery.  She looked amazing.  I mean, she was always adorable, but now she was beaming, happy, and even more vibrant than ever.

I listened to the segment, and after hearing her talk about the surgery, recovery, ups and downs, I decided to investigate this avenue. (Thank You Lisa.)

I contacted 3 doctors in the area, and after meeting with each I decided to jump in, Working with Dr.'s Halmi and Naim at Bluepoint Surgical group (Stafford, Woodbridge and Fairfax VA).  The entire process has been seamless.

------------------------------------

My insurance requires
6 months supervised diet, exercise, and nutritional classes
A full blood work-up
urinalysis
EKG
EGD
& a Psych eval.

I thought in the beginning "Holy-Mary 6 months?! That's F.O.R.E.V.E.R.!"
Well that was a little more than 6 months ago, and here I am... Jan 2013-June2013, and I have a date.  July 15th.

It's on Y'all.
I just said y'all.  <--- there I go again.

-----------------------------------------------
You can Read the rest here:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4 
-----------------------------------------------
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some sunshine...or a rant!